Monday, January 10, 2011

What We're Watching: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

A little embarassing but I'll put it out there ....
I'm an avid follower of this reality series.  It's one of only two shows that I enjoy in the evenings. When  watching Real Housewives on Thursday nights, I tell my sons not to bother me unless it's an emergency. Not kidding.

Can't get over how catty and competitive these grown women are. Watching the show, I count my blessings: the women in my life - mother, mother in law, sisters, sisters-in-law, nieces and girlfriends - are supportive and kind, each and every one offers qualities and strengths to admire. As I see it (rose-colored, maybe....but still my perception is my reality), their intentions are to edify rather than tear down.

Back to Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I like Kyle. She's real, acts in a natural manner, and seems to have her priorities in line. Kyle's the type of woman with whom I'd be happy to be friends. Confident and stylish as well, but then all the women have high style. I enjoy checking out their accessories: earrings, cuff bracelets, necklaces, purses ...  maybe I should get a pair of huge hoop earrings.

A tight marriage, happy children, and good friends, Kyle is a woman to admire.
Lisa (the paradigm of classy combined with hip) and Adrienne are my two next favorites. I admire Adrienne's strength, conviction, and dedication to martial arts. Her marriage seems playfully fun-loving, devoted, and healthy.

I'm addicted to this series and ("obvi," as my boys would say) I've divulged to the blogosphere... my husband sometimes indulges me by watching it with me so I can talk to him about it later....lol; he's the best.

If you haven't tried this series yet, give it a shot. NY City Housewives is a good place to start: The Real Housewives of New York: Season One and The Real Housewives of New York: Season Two.

Pardon the cliche, but this series - with all its shenanigans - confirms that money and status do not necessarily yield peace and contentment. The show does, however, yield a deluge of drama - I have boys, no drama. Refined girlfriends, no drama.  Very good family, no drama. Again, I count my blessings.

~ Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment